What did you do this weekend? Well i washed, waxed and bufhed the coach.

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Well i'm not sure how many of you have tackled the old "wash and wax" but this old coach needed a bit of cleaning. You know the old black streaks of doom, yup this old coach has them, no surprise really....lol.

So out came the hose, pale, car wash soap and Spray Nine.....yup you read correctly as that stuff works good on the black streaks BUT it also takes wax off when you use it full strength. So spray bottle and scrub cloth in hand i scrubbed the whole coach, not once but 3 times. Once pure, then diluted, then with soap/water.

After the scrubbing it was time for a de-oxidizing, luckly i have a polisher as i have wet sanded and buffed hundreds of cars, never the less their is a heck of alot of real-estate to cover.

From there it was on to a good old wax and hand polish.....came out ok for 40+ year old paint. Sadly the finish is getting pretty thin and the old coach wont be able to take many more of the sessions. 20200705_125349.jpg

What did you do to your coach this weekend?

Russell

Oct 9, 2019
Well i'm not sure how many of you have tackled the old "wash and wax" but this old coach needed a bit of cleaning. You know the old black streaks of doom, yup this old coach has them, no surprise really....lol.

So out came the hose, pale, car wash soap and Spray Nine.....yup you read correctly as that stuff works good on the black streaks BUT it also takes wax off when you use it full strength. So spray bottle and scrub cloth in hand i scrubbed the whole coach, not once but 3 times. Once pure, then diluted, then with soap/water.

After the scrubbing it was time for a de-oxidizing, luckly i have a polisher as i have wet sanded and buffed hundreds of cars, never the less their is a heck of alot of real-estate to cover.

From there it was on to a good old wax and hand polish.....came out ok for 40+ year old paint. Sadly the finish is getting pretty thin and the old coach wont be able to take many more of the sessions. View attachment 3307

What did you do to your coach this weekend?
Rich, that is a good looking coach. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: tmsnyder and 6cuda6