Toads

cdamen

Oct 4, 2019
Thanks Guys for the feed back. I am going to start looking for either the Smart or the Suzuki.

Mike_H

Oct 3, 2019
Grand Rapids, MI
mikehiler.wixsite.com
I want a vintage dune buggy as a toad. :)
I'm IN on that idea! Growing up, my dad had an original Meyers Manx, Bright orange with Slot mags. It was so fricken cool. I've looked, off and on, at Craigslist for that ol' girl. He doesn't have any records from when he sold it. I'd LOVE to have it though. I was about 14 when he got rid of it.

pvfjr

Oct 3, 2019
Aumsville OR
Be very cautious when looking at the Suzuki/Geo circa mid 90s. Unless it lived in the desert, the floor will be rotted out.

Matt
I've never seen that happen on the west coast, even in the wet parts. I'd guess they're just not very salt tolerant.

Matt Colie

Oct 25, 2019
South East Michigan near DTW
As I remember King Midgets, the wheel bearing were not all that good. They might not stand up to even towing (4 down) at GMC speeds.
Would be cool though.
(Have you looked at the prices of intact VW Things recently??

Matt

johnny

Oct 28, 2019
Have ytou looked at the prices of anything VW and air cooled? Rustbuckets bringing - or at least asking - five figures.Ask Mike Breiere, who bought my 23', about King Midgets, he's got a couple of them. I might know where there's a Mini Moke. I'll get it if the owner - old friend from the 60s - 70s - will let go of it.

--johnny

LQQKatJon

Vw things are not crazy money yet. You can get a fair one for $7-10k easily. Even at barret jackson I have seen real fancy ones not break $17k.

problem with vw’s is they lack some comforts such as heat and A/C. And sometimes can add to amount of work required to keep things working/running.

i am looking forward to getting my vw thing behind the gmc though, as it is extremely light. My 99 honda crv has awd, power windows, locks, heat, AC and space. But it is heavier then I like and really reduces the gmc driving experience.

Reactions: Twodollars

tmsnyder

Oct 7, 2019
Buffalo NY
Hey, I have one of those! 74 Honda CT-90. Would be vintage sweet on my 78 Kingsley.
Post a picture of yours!

I just picked one up! :) 1971 CT90 / Trail 90 and a HF aluminum motorcycle carrier for the rear hitch.

And just in case anyone ever doubts the reliability or range of these things, check out c90adventures on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/c90adventures

The guy literally has traveled N/S and E/W across entire continents including N America in a very chaotic and entertaining fashion.

Last edited:

Matt Colie

Oct 25, 2019
South East Michigan near DTW
Todd,

Along your thinking, we carry a pair of inflatable (folding) bicycles under the dinette as we travel. They stay clean and dry and safe there. I also have a set of locks and a trap so they can live outside at rallies. This has worked out very well for us. It is starting to work less well as we are now both older and some joints don't work as well as they used to work what seems to be a very short time ago.

Matt