The Orange GMCs thread

gmc260

Oct 3, 2019
hey everybody, I love GMCs and especially the Orange ones. dont know why but I just love them! 🍊

I have a small collection of photos from the web of different color GMCs so I thought I would start this thread for the orange ones I have and maybe me or someone else can start another one for the other colors. none of these photos are shot by me but if I do get a chance to photograph one I will add it here for sure and more random web finds too occasionally. if you have photos of orange ones, please add them here too.

or if you know of any websites that feature Orange ones feel free to post links to those aswell. all of these Ive had for a while and no longer remember where I found them but will edit to add links if/when I run across them again.

if anyone here owns one please show it off here too and if anyone of these photos are copyrighted and you are the holder of that and want it removed just let me know and will do. any objections? thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

pvfjr

Oct 4, 2019
Aumsville OR
I've always loved orange too, ever since my first stuffed dinosaur. Also, go Beavers!
My coach may not be orange, but I did buy this for my birthday this year:

20190413_120445.jpg

gmc260

Oct 3, 2019
I've always loved orange too, ever since my first stuffed dinosaur. Also, go Beavers!
My coach may not be orange, but I did buy this for my birthday this year:
HAhahha! what? I've had one orange car and more than a handful of orange motorbikes but, well.. off topic. lol

yours does remind me of a couple of hauling company from back in those days. Old Dominion IIRC and ironically, Yellow trucking company ( they were all Orange). is yours one of those old trucks? what do you use it for?

I also have a '74 Glacier that was blue originally but someone painted the top half of it black at some point. not running yet but those were my next fav GMCs and then the yellow ones. the green ones were a little much but I find them more appealing now than they were back when they were new. each color of the early GMCs deserve their own thread. perhaps I'll start one at some point it no one else does.

this topic was just too easy and to help get gmcmhforum.com rolling but I really do hope to see some photos of others here and especially from those who are lucky enough to have one of them but thanks for playing. (and good luck with that!)

pvfjr

Oct 4, 2019
Aumsville OR
Old Dominion IIRC and ironically, Yellow trucking company ( they were all Orange). is yours one of those old trucks? what do you use it for?
Off topic indeed, but I figured at least it would bump your thread back to the top! ;)

My truck is a 1968 International Loadstar 1700 with an original 392, 18' dump bed, power steering, 5-speed tranny and 2-speed rear end. It was supposedly an ODOT truck, and was later refreshed with a newer orange paint job and used as a grain truck for decades before sitting in a field. I haven't used it much yet, as I've been distracted with RVs for the family. I did move 10 yards of dirt for the next door neighbor though (in two loads). I need to swap the tires and hone the brake wheel cylinders (there are 8 of them) before I do anything too serious. I'll eventually haul cars, building materials, scrap, etc--the wife also wants to participate in the local small-town parade. It seems a bit silly on our 1/2 acre, but I like it, and it's more practical than the 55 Chevy 2.5 ton dump that it replaced.

Now someone add some pics of an orange GMC!

Gary W. Mills

Oct 17, 2019
hey everybody, I love GMCs and especially the Orange ones. dont know why but I just love them! 🍊

I have a small collection of photos from the web of different color GMCs so I thought I would start this thread for the orange ones I have and maybe me or someone else can start another one for the other colors. none of these photos are shot by me but if I do get a chance to photograph one I will add it here for sure and more random web finds too occasionally. if you have photos of orange ones, please add them here too.

or if you know of any websites that feature Orange ones feel free to post links to those aswell. all of these Ive had for a while and no longer remember where I found them but will edit to add links if/when I run across them again.

if anyone here owns one please show it off here too and if anyone of these photos are copyrighted and you are the holder of that and want it removed just let me know and will do. any objections? thanks
PICT2394.JPGPICT2395.JPGMills and Father's day 049.jpgMills and Father's day 048.jpgPICT2462.jpgP0004100.JPGP0004101.JPGPICT2394.JPGPICT2395.JPGMills and Father's day 049.jpgMills and Father's day 048.jpgPumkinCoachsm.jpgPICT2462.jpgP0004100.JPGP0004101.JPGPICT2302.JPG

gmc260

Oct 3, 2019
hi Gary W. Mills, good job saving one! looks to still have the original stripes too. the ones that age well without cracking up and flaking off have interesting discolorations. gives them character.

the orange one in my last photo popped up on craigslist locally just after we got our '76. wish it had came up sooner. thanks for posting the photos.

Bill Bryant

Dec 22, 2019
I see your 1973 still has no refrigerator side & top venting. If the original owner complained about refer performance the dealer had a kit to install the vents (for free), probably too late to get that deal :^( Later in 1973 they corrected that error)