The Ferrigno Family's 1975 GMC Glenbrook

• Thank you for being part of this forum. We recently added our 400th registered member. The forum will soon be moved soon to a faster server that should increase performance.

tmsnyder

Oct 7, 2019
Buffalo NY
Looking good, that bad floor spot would be under the dinette if it's going back in. Those are just lag bolted in. What seats are going back in there?

I think the spot where you have the pvc protecting the threads is for mounting a seat belt. It looks like they used the steel spacer to be able to torque the seat belt properly without crushing the floor.

Reactions: pvfjr

pvfjr

Oct 4, 2019
Aumsville OR
Looking good, that bad floor spot would be under the dinette if it's going back in. Those are just lag bolted in. What seats are going back in there?

I think the spot where you have the pvc protecting the threads is for mounting a seat belt. It looks like they used the steel spacer to be able to torque the seat belt properly without crushing the floor.
That's what I figured on both accounts. I didn't want to lose the original mounting points since we're going to go back to the original floor plan. I bought all of @David Guilbault 's old furniture. We're going to reupholster them and install. I really appreciate the original layout, as well as the steel-framed mechanisms they used to put it all together. The only thing we're missing is the table itself.

pvfjr

Oct 4, 2019
Aumsville OR
Since we laid the floor down in one continuous piece, I've been vacillating about how to mount the seats when the time comes. It's a floating floor, so it isn't supposed to be "pinned down" so to speak. Since this particular LVP is chock-full of glass fiber, maybe it won't feel the need to expand/contract very much (especially since it has such a generous temperature rating). All the same, I think I'd like to leave it free to move.

I don't want to cut out the flooring completely around all the furniture--it wouldn't leave a nice clean look when accessing the storage spaces. Cleaning would be more difficult too. For this reason, I've been considering mounting all the seats/bunks on top of spacers. I could use a hole saw to cut a circular relief hole in the flooring that's concentric with the mounting hole. If this hole was 1/4" bigger than some circular spacer (like a stack of fender washers or something else) than the LVP would have a 1/8" gap all the way around. I'll have to double-check that these relief cuts will stay hidden under the furniture, of course.

Has anyone handled floating floor expansion gaps around furniture differently without cutting it out completely?

tmsnyder

Oct 7, 2019
Buffalo NY
If you need measurements, I just put flooring in mine and measured the locations of all the seat lag bolt holes before puttying them with wood filler.

pvfjr

Oct 4, 2019
Aumsville OR
I know I showed the Suzuki toad earlier, and had mentioned wanting to get a Fiat. I ended up getting one anyway. The winning bid was just $1588 with 17k on the clock, though it needed a little fixing up. I spent a few nights this evening setting it up for tow-bar usage as well. I also bought a tow bar. I got the super fancy Roadmaster Blackhawk 2 All Terrain--these retail on eTrailer for $1020, but I lucked out and scored one off Facebook for $100. We're heading out camping with Thor (our 1993 motorhome) here in a few minutes, so we get to try out having a toad with us. I think it'll be pretty convenient. Those Fiats were made to tow too. No steering lock on it, and no concerns with the transmission. Only 2300 lbs too.

Attachments