Soundproofing

tmsnyder

Oct 7, 2019
Buffalo NY
I bought MAT66 80 mil sound deadening for the cockpit area. So glad to hear this should help. After gutting the rear of the coach, I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to also put this on the fiberglass generator enclosure. Anyone do this and did it help?

I'm down to the plywood on the floor, and considering putting down a layer of this, then 1/4" luan and then linoleum. Does much noise come up through the floor? Would it be worth it?

Mike Perez

Oct 2, 2019
I bought MAT66 80 mil sound deadening for the cockpit area. So glad to hear this should help. After gutting the rear of the coach, I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to also put this on the fiberglass generator enclosure. Anyone do this and did it help?

I'm down to the plywood on the floor, and considering putting down a layer of this, then 1/4" luan and then linoleum. Does much noise come up through the floor? Would it be worth it?
My generator box is aluminum, so it is probably even more important to have good soundproofing. I'm going to install something on the door as well to make it quieter outside.

Reactions: JodyPackerfan

MikeB

Oct 26, 2019
Lower Alabama
This is an interesting topic. I have dynamat in my truck doors and they have made a huge difference in resonance reduction. I also like the product because of it’s butyl adhesive which is important here in the south with a dark colored door. They claim it has exceptional thermal characteristics but I have not noticed. I’ve had it for 10 years now and many folks have made comments about how quiet the music sounds outside my truck compared to inside.

JodyPackerfan

Feb 2, 2020
Racine, Wisconsin
I've used the dynamat in most of my auto rebuilds with good effect on the sound reduction. The really big part that dynamat helps with is deadening the tinny sound that large unsupported panels make. I am also contemplating using dynamat on the doghouse around the compressor and engine bay but I haven't yet researched it's efficacy on heat transfer - only noise & deadening