Post up a few pics of your coach....maybe put a smile on a fellow GMC's face.

PeteSr

May 10, 2020
Sorry, I haven’t been on here in quite awhile. The motorhome is down at the shop right now with the fuel tanks out getting flushed and treated then it’s on to figuring out why it wanders so badly. The original color was RPO 575 Bittersweet - so 1970’s! The whole exterior/interior was refreshed in 1989 but it’s time for a fresh coat of paint on the top and an interior makeover (mauve is not my fave). Captain's chairs were also installed at that time but age and sitting in the sun has taken its toll on the leather. New seats are ready to install once I replace the passenger floor (water damage) and new carpet.

i did replace the side cab windows with Jim Bounds tall windows and new windshields last month. I also replaced the original installed thermometer with an NOS thermometer - you can see it under the window.
View attachment 3425
I am also in the process of acquiring all the necessary parts to convert my tilt column to a tilt/telescopic wheel as the original angle is too high tilted all the way down. I have a kit that lowers the column height about 2”. Here is my ‘90 Caddy Brougham tilt/telescopic column & wheel that will be repainted (or leather wrapped) to match my new interior color. I like this color but it may be hard to match with plastic interior paint.
View attachment 3426
Where’d you find the tall side windows? I am told they are no longer in production.

74_Coach

Apr 17, 2020
Arroyo Grande, CA
Where’d you find the tall side windows? I am told they are no longer in production.
I believe these were the last set available on the planet - Alex Sirum GMC. Jim Kanamata (Applied GMC) said the glass manufacturer is not interested in low volume runs so these likely won’t be manufactured again unfortunately.

Last edited:

TR 1

Oct 18, 2019
Here is our rig in Terlingua near Big Bend NP.... This was spring break last March, and they were in the process of shutting down the campground due to Covid.... We were one of the last people out of the park. Talk about a pretty quiet and empty place getting more so....

1599752357167.png

Last edited:

LARRYT

Feb 9, 2020
Hi u all. want to post a photo of my radiator air scoop. last time i tried i was unsuccessful. what image format should i use ( jpeg ,, tiff or what ?? thanks larry xpb 78/455

74_Coach

Apr 17, 2020
Arroyo Grande, CA
If your pic is on your phone, start a new post or click “Reply” to an existing thread and click on the mountain icon next to the paperclip icon shown in the menu bar above. Then select your pic, select the image size then click “Post Reply” or “Save” or whatever the thread shows as a response.

LARRYT

Feb 9, 2020
If your pic is on your phone, start a new post or click “Reply” to an existing thread and click on the mountain icon next to the paperclip icon shown in the menu bar above. Then select your pic, select the image size then click “Post Reply” or “Save” or whatever the thread shows as a response.
thanks but i have a digital camera. i edit for the internet with the jpeg format .will this work ? larry

74_Coach

Apr 17, 2020
Arroyo Grande, CA
thanks but i have a digital camera. i edit for the internet with the jpeg format .will this work ? larry
I am not the site Admin but yes .jpeg and .jpg work as well as .png. I believe this site will still ask you what size image you want to upload when including images on a thread.