Patch or replace air reservoir?

• Thank you for being part of this forum. We recently added our 400th registered member. The forum will soon be moved soon to a faster server that should increase performance.

Christo

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 4, 2019
Weymouth, MA
I heard a hissing sound in my compressor compartment and discovered a pinhole leak (from internal rust) in the bottom of the reservoir. I could maybe patch it with JB Weld but I figure it won't be long until another failure occurs, possibly catastrophic. Are new ones readily available?
IMG_20200322_132621.jpg

Justin Brady

Oct 4, 2019
Bell Buckle TN
www.thegmcrv.com
Replace it and replace it quickly.
A pressure vessel is not something you want to mess with. A pinhole means there could be a lot more damage to the structure inside, and it could blow up sending shrapnell everywhere at any time.
Unlikely but definitely possible and not worth "fixing" just replace it.

I have th 2.5gal viair tank and it's great, makes the bags fill much faster because you have so much more rserve air.

JodyPackerfan

Feb 2, 2020
Racine, Wisconsin
Replace it and replace it quickly.
A pressure vessel is not something you want to mess with. A pinhole means there could be a lot more damage to the structure inside, and it could blow up sending shrapnell everywhere at any time.
Unlikely but definitely possible and not worth "fixing" just replace it.

I have th 2.5gal viair tank and it's great, makes the bags fill much faster because you have so much more rserve air.
Justin I actually got the idea for the tank from you/your build :) cheers