Oh boy here we go...

tmsnyder

Oct 7, 2019
Heading down a road I was hoping to avoid.

Like a scab, I couldn't help picking at the nasty interior on my GMC, and just like that the walls are off and in the dumpster, the seats are at the upholsterer and we're picking out fabric, flooring, headliner etc. The whole shebang. I should have listened to that little voice in my head screaming 'It's a TRAP!' I didn't though. Oh well.

If I were smart, I'd cut bait and sell it to find one that is fairly original and ready to use, that's what I was hoping for anyway.

Isn't this how this things usually go anyway? 'I'll just fix this one thing, ... oh wait, while I'm here let me fix this other thing....' and before you know it it's down to the studs/ribs.

30k or bust, here we come! $hit.

Reactions: bdub and Christo

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
Yep, that always how these things go. I’ve been working on a new dash HVAC system for what seems like six months. Every day I work on it it is some other fitting, hardware, or wiring that I need. I went to the local hardware store three times just this afternoon.

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Yup that's why i told myself...nothing comes apart inside unless its dangerous. I asked the wife if she was happy with the interior, she said yes so ive been doing everything in my power to not touch it....lol. I just know she would say "bigger shower" if i started which means bigger tanks etc......lol.

tmsnyder

Oct 7, 2019
At this point I'm down to the plywood floor and aluminum wall ribs in the front half of the GMC.

I'm looking at insulation too. And floor covering, and sound deadening, and wall / ceiling paneling.

Have pulled the two upper cabinets, they are water damaged. And holy cow are they heavy! Stinking particle board, wow. The longer one must weigh 80lb or so. Didn't they consider center of mass when hanging that weight so far up toward the top of the RV?

Does anyone make replacement cabinets for these?

Matt Colie

Oct 25, 2019
They were not water soaked when they were put there. Mine aren't all that heavy, but they are plywood - too.

Matt