New purchase road trip- Colorado to Michigan

Jonesy

Jan 11, 2021
Rockford, MI
Picking up a 26’ Kingsley that has bounced around a bit. It was stolen from a man in Florida who did tons of mechanical updates and upgrades with Cooperative and others in Florida. The thief sold it to an unsuspecting buyer in Colorado who did more work on it before it was confiscated, and parked in a storage faculty in Colorado where it has sat for 4 years until now. I purchased it from the estate of the owner in Florida. Online auction. Whew!
I found a shop in CO with GMC experience to get it road worthy for the trip. New tires, fluids, checking all the usual stuff.
Should be an adventure!
Planning to fly out and drive her back, last weekend of January. Wish me luck!

9DFFF226-72B7-463A-9A2A-6C600596E484.jpeg

Christo

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 4, 2019
Weymouth, MA
Picking up a 26’ Kingsley that has bounced around a bit. It was stolen from a man in Florida who did tons of mechanical updates and upgrades with Cooperative and others in Florida. The thief sold it to an unsuspecting buyer in Colorado who did more work on it before it was confiscated, and parked in a storage faculty in Colorado where it has sat for 4 years until now. I purchased it from the estate of the owner in Florida. Online auction. Whew!
I found a shop in CO with GMC experience to get it road worthy for the trip. New tires, fluids, checking all the usual stuff.
Should be an adventure!
Planning to fly out and drive her back, last weekend of January. Wish me luck!

View attachment 3812
Super clean-looking coach! Good luck with your travels!

Matt Colie

Oct 25, 2019
South East Michigan near DTW
Mark,

You have just become a member of an amazing community of helping and supportive people the likes of which you may not know. For this reason, look up and print a copy of the GMC Assist (aka Black's) list and carry it with you.

You will be turning north to make for GR at the wrong time of year. I suggest that you watch the weather very carefully. I don't think I need to tell you about "Lake Effect Snow", do I? because of this, I am going to advise you to provision for three days. Why Three?? Because the smartest thing for your to do when the storm hits the fan is to find some place to hunker down and let the people that absolutely have to be out there have their accident and go home. This can easily take a day plus. The extra day is just extra margin. Do you also know that the GMCs are noted for the poor traction? I would lend you my chains, but the box is really heavy and would cost a fortune to ship. If you do have to hold up somewhere, see if there is someone local that you can meet.

At home you will be in the territory of the oldest (both ways) owner's chapter. This is also an amazing group. There is also a lunch group just south in Indiana as I recall. You have a just acquired several thousand brand new old friends that you have yet to meet. We are never upset if you try to take advantage of this fact. You do want to join both GMC Motorhomes International and the Great Lakers. When you can and get to a rally to get to know some your new friends.

You have a good start on a sigfile and that is good. It will do well over at GMCnet (the birdfeeder site) as well. Be aware that everybody at both forums has the same agenda. That agenda is to see to it that you get to enjoy both the coach and what she can do for you. We all know.

I am a congenital waterman and this group is so much like that world that I have taken to welcome those that find us much as you might be welcomed there. So,

May the Good Lord bless this coach and all those that set forth within her.

Welcome Mark

Matt