My 76 Eleganza II build

• Thank you for being part of this forum. We recently added our 400th registered member. The forum will soon be moved soon to a faster server that should increase performance.

JodyPackerfan

Feb 2, 2020
Racine, Wisconsin
IMG_9666.JPGIMG_9667.JPGfabricating brackets to mount the air manifold - thi first one I made out of steel I had laying around. I'm making them up in aluminum now - I also am probably going to mount under the break line t - not on top to make it easier to change out down the road

Attachments

JodyPackerfan

Feb 2, 2020
Racine, Wisconsin
diving into headlight/marker & turn signal wire bundle rebuild. Found lot's of fried wires, Also A LOT of boogering. In some places there were as many as 4 different size wires in the same run (problubly why there were burned wires). I'm using AWG/GPT marine grade wiring. I have all the right colors but the shades are off on some. By using the correct colors should make it way easier for the next owner,,,

Attachments

Last edited:

JodyPackerfan

Feb 2, 2020
Racine, Wisconsin
Two compressors? Are those 480c units? Where do you plan to mount the tank?
Yes they are both 480c's - I didn't originaly plan to have two but one came up on local cregs list for $100 brand new so I couldn't pass it up - in the last photo the colored board under compressor's & tank is a mock-up of the plate both compressors & tank will mount, i have to do some adjustments to everything around them but it appears to be enough room

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
Yes they are both 480c's - I didn't originaly plan to have two but one came up on local cregs list for $100 brand new so I couldn't pass it up - in the last photo the colored board under compressor's & tank is a mock-up of the plate both compressors & tank will mount, i have to do some adjustments to everything around them but it appears to be enough room
Just watch your amp draw.

Reactions: JodyPackerfan

JodyPackerfan

Feb 2, 2020
Racine, Wisconsin
IMG_8173.JPGIMG_8093.JPGIMG_8080.JPGIMG_8078.JPGjust about finished with Viair system. A lot easier doing the install with front wheel & grill removed. Viair guys are excellent, I spent a lot of time getting thier advice on wire size, amp draw, set up ect,,, I highly recommend these guys

Reactions: 6cuda6