Looking for swaybars.

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Looking for the upgraded front swaybar and a set of rears.....anyone have a set?

The front one would be the priority so if you have that only i'd be interested.

RF_Burns

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario Canada
I think the front was beefed up in later models. The only place I would think you can find one would be from a parts coach. There is a guy around Rochester NY (I think) that has some parts coaches. Frank Borrmann has some parts coaches here in Ontario. Maybe give him a call.

The rear torsion bars were aftermarket. Applied GMC has them and Caspro which is no longer in business. Finding a parts coach with them might be hard. I've hear it said that the rears made it hard to level the coach with the air suspension.

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Thanks Bruce.....just trying to reduce the rear sway in cross winds and make it easier to drive through the twisty Ontario roads for the wife as she tryed it yestrrday and was white knuckled.

RF_Burns

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario Canada
Have you checked your rear bogies for play in the pins?
I've had my pins renewed and also put a set of True-Tracks on the mid wheels which helped as well.

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I did check them this spring and the new tires are wearing perfectly. I get the feeling the "wallowing" is a normal thing when being hit with a cross wind etc but the wife doesnt like it so i have to "fix" it.

tmsnyder

Oct 7, 2019
Buffalo NY
I did check them this spring and the new tires are wearing perfectly. I get the feeling the "wallowing" is a normal thing when being hit with a cross wind etc but the wife doesnt like it so i have to "fix" it.
Did you check the Toe and Camber on the rear wheels? Fronts ? Could just be in need of an alignment.

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Its possible and im sure it could use a verification for sure. It maybe a tire pressure adjustment as well but the "wag the dog" feeling you get may also just be the way it is with the stock bags etc.....sadly i dont have anything to compare my coach with so i have no idea other than how it feels and what i think will correct that feeling.

Did you check the Toe and Camber on the rear wheels? Fronts ? Could just be in need of an alignment.