Inverter/Chargers

JodyPackerfan

Feb 2, 2020
Racine, Wisconsin
That I can't tell you.
Are the cells made in the USA or are the batteries just assembled in the USA?
I read this on another site and all I read was 'made in USA'". The guy did say the customer support was excellent. I did look at the site briefly and they look professional. When I trip over a bale of cash, this is the system I'd like to install. From the little research I've done on this, they appear to have a really good "packages" that been thoroughly tested. They sell a number of packages that include the batteries, inverter/chargers and everything needed to run solar, generator or short power charges. I have done a little more research on the lithium batteries in my old life, and the "Lithium iron phosphate" batteries appear to be the way to go. The rare element models such as found in Tesla cars ect, are very temperamental and require environmental control (cooling/heating) they are also harder to intigrate with the other charges for lead acid/solar and there's also the expense. I'd suggest to anyone if you don't have a solid knowlage of electrical principles stay away from the rare element batteries - they are dangerous in unskilled hands. Soa re the LIP's but the rare element batteries are crazy powerful. - Just my two cents - I was a chemist not an electrical engineer :)

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
My guess is the cells themselves are made in China (probably to Battle specs) as there are not to many lithium mines in the world....the BMS, the case, the lugs etc are probably made in the US......

JodyPackerfan

Feb 2, 2020
Racine, Wisconsin
I bet your right. I also read somewhere that they actually know the GMC motor home and have 3 different total packages that have been set up for our coach. they run from a lot of money to crazy money

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
I bet your right. I also read somewhere that they actually know the GMC motor home and have 3 different total packages that have been set up for our coach. they run from a lot of money to crazy money
For the average GMC'er, a single or a pair of 100 amp hour lithium phosphate batteries should suffice. If you want to boondock running a lot of stuff for a long time without running the generator or plugging in, you could get a few more. There really isn't a ton of room in the GMC for more batteries. If you add the dual or triple tray up front AND the drivers side tray, you will be able to add 2-4 there. Then you could have a few in the back as well.

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
I think you removed the genset and/or the propane you'd open quiet a bit of space....but 10 BB batteries would hurt big time your pocket book.
Somebody on the Facebook group got me thinking about lateral weight. It turns out there is a spec from GMC in the Transmode build manual. 250 lb lateral imbalance in the front left to right and 600 lbs in back. Just something to keep in mind. My new batteries weigh 320 lbs collectively plus a bit more for mounting.

Reactions: JodyPackerfan