Honda Odessey seat install

• Thank you for being part of this forum. We recently added our 400th registered member. The forum will soon be moved soon to a faster server that should increase performance.

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Well after our 2 trips last summer my wife said "these seats gotta go". I understood her frustration as the seats the PO installed, although comfortable, they did not recline at all.....so sitting perfectly upright for hours on end was a no go.

Luck would have it i came accross a set of Honda Odessey middle row seats, although grey, for 30$ who care.

Well i finally had the chance to install them today......a little search of the GMC photo site and off i went....

The install went quite well, only hickup really is my drill press is in storage so i had to had drill all the holes.

Last edited:

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I think any year will work...these ones are probably 2008-10....my recommendation would be to find the ones that are removable and i would take a few minutes to flip them over and look at the way the seat mounts are fastened. These ones were bolted onto 3 studs per rail and did not need have the mounts drilled etc and just made things easier.

Reactions: JodyPackerfan

JodyPackerfan

Feb 2, 2020
Racine, Wisconsin
I think any year will work...these ones are probably 2008-10....my recommendation would be to find the ones that are removable and i would take a few minutes to flip them over and look at the way the seat mounts are fastened. These ones were bolted onto 3 studs per rail and did not need have the mounts drilled etc and just made things easier.
thanks for the reply - cheers

Jim@MD

Mar 24, 2020
Mt Sterling, Ohio
Are the UniStrut and mount plate aluminum or steel ??

If bolting thru aluminum I would use large, fender-style steel washers. This is to help prevent pull-thru in the event of an accident. This is super important if the seat belts are attached to the seat and not the floor (as factory). Also grade 8 (SAE) or class 10 (metric) bolts are recommended. I've seen ungraded carriage bolts used AND sheared-off after an accident.

Other than that... nice install.

Jim

my experience: installing different seats in 50's-60's pickups.

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Are the UniStrut and mount plate aluminum or steel ??

If bolting thru aluminum I would use large, fender-style steel washers. This is to help prevent pull-thru in the event of an accident. This is super important if the seat belts are attached to the seat and not the floor (as factory). Also grade 8 (SAE) or class 10 (metric) bolts are recommended. I've seen ungraded carriage bolts used AND sheared-off after an accident.

Other than that... nice install.

Jim

my experience: installing different seats in 50's-60's pickups.
Unistrut is a steel product.
You are correct the use of high grade bolts is recommended and i use nylock nuts as well as i dont trust lock washers.