Genset Options

• Thank you for being part of this forum. We recently added our 400th registered member. The forum will soon be moved soon to a faster server that should increase performance.

johnny

Oct 28, 2019
No, look closely. It merely snaps onto the roof rail and sits on the rear bumper. When it isn't used, the two pieces are bungeed to the rail or the ladder.

--johnny

Has anyone tried a "Genturi" exhaust extension to carry the exhaust and noise above the coach
This looks like a good idea. Thanks.

MikeB

Oct 26, 2019
Lower Alabama
Still running the Onan 6Kw here. Has anyone tried a "Genturi" exhaust extension to carry the exhaust and noise above the coach?

Seems like a good idea and gets the stinky exhaust away too

When we were camping in Yellowstone last Oct around 6pm all these generators started running and though most were newer coaches you could smell the exhaust as we walk through out the campground. Although it wasn’t offensively strong you could still smell it. So this spring as Im becoming one with my genset I’ll more than likely buy one. Thanks for posting Bruce.

johnny

Oct 28, 2019
If you look at one of my albums on classic GMC Motorhome Photos, it is of the construction of a high exhaust totally of PVC which was clip on if you had a roof rack on your coach. About 30 dollars all up and an afternoon. I could do it quicker and more accurately now with a cutoff wheel.

johnny

Oct 28, 2019
It had a generac at the time but the flex pipe could accommodate pretty much anything

Mark

Oct 6, 2019
MS Gulf Coast
Here is mine finished , 4 -5" 12v fans so it can be run with door closed. Runs 1 15k btu A/C with a little to spare. Actually not wired in these photos, it is wired into a automatic transfer switch with the 12v plug triggering a relay for the fans. IMG_2428.JPGIMG_2434.JPGIMG_2435.JPG

Reactions: 6cuda6

Justin Brady

Oct 4, 2019
Bell Buckle TN
www.thegmcrv.com
Here is mine finished , 4 -5" 12v fans so it can be run with door closed. Runs 1 15k btu A/C with a little to spare. Actually not wired in these photos, it is wired into a automatic transfer switch with the 12v plug triggering a relay for the fans. View attachment 2446View attachment 2447View attachment 2448
looks good Mark,
I assume you haven't run it midsummer yet?
I've considered doing the same with a predator 3500. I use one on the jobsite and it's magic.

I'm trying to hold out until someone gets their act together and gets an inverter setup for RV use with a warranty.

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
looks good Mark,
I've considered doing the same with a predator 3500. I use one on the jobsite and it's magic.

I'm trying to hold out until someone gets their act together and gets an inverter setup for RV use with a warranty.
Did I tell you I spoke with the Cummins Rep at the Tampa RV show a few months ago? Inverter tech coming to their RV lines this year. First it will be with the smaller 2800 microquiet, and then next year to the 4000.

Mark

Oct 6, 2019
MS Gulf Coast
looks good Mark,

Thanks, No not yet