Driver and Passenger Seat Options / Swivel Bases / Seat Belts

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
Mike
Any progress on the seats with integrated belts and swivel base?
Not really. That project has been pushed down the line a bit because it isn’t a huge priority until this thing is running and driving again. Electrical and engine wiring has to come first.

MikeB

Oct 26, 2019
Lower Alabama
Ok Just wondering. Well I’m leaning towards the swivel base with tethers. I really don’t think the tethers would be that “ugly” and Im sure an upholstery shop could make skirting that covers it if needed.

Just bumping this up in case someone wants to share progress in this modification. I sure would appreciate learning from their experience.

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
Ok Just wondering. Well I’m leaning towards the swivel base with tethers. I really don’t think the tethers would be that “ugly” and Im sure an upholstery shop could make skirting that covers it if needed.

Just bumping this up in case someone wants to share progress in this modification. I sure would appreciate learning from their experience.
That’s probably a really good idea

Mike_H

Oct 3, 2019
Grand Rapids, MI
mikehiler.wixsite.com
I wonder if a guy could make a Rollbar behind the front seats, with triangulation, look like it belongs. That would be the ideal place to put a shoulder restraint. Since we don't have front doors, you could run the support legs forward and hide them in the side consoles.

Matt Colie

Oct 25, 2019
Mike,
You can make anything you like. But, as to if it would do any good when needed, that is another question.
The vehicle frame is not at the maximum width of the body. To make such a structure to have any value at all, the rear legs would have to go though the floor in the region of the step's bottom corner and the front legs will be a real trip. The only place that they could anchor would be the cab mounts that are about in line with the outboard edge of the seat base and under the angle in the cab sole (floor). If you pull out a wheel well liner, you will immediately see what I mean.
The coach that get rolled in the movie "The Anchor Man" had roll structure added, but I don't think anybody got good pictures.
Matt

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
To each their own but i think Mike P has the safest way of doing it so far. I dont beleive there is much structure under the floors stock so you would have to add alot.....

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
To each their own but i think Mike P has the safest way of doing it so far. I dont beleive there is much structure under the floors stock so you would have to add alot.....
Still have to design a base to compliment the floor upgrades.....but we'll get there.