CAD designs

pvfjr

Oct 3, 2019
Aumsville OR
Has anybody made a exact scale in a CAD program for interior designs and layouts?
There is a model floating around, but I don't think it included an interior. Last I remember it was being talked about on Facebook, and was in Solidworks 2018 format.

sailor man

Jan 12, 2021
Palmetto, FL
I just bought a highly renovated 1976 Eleganza II and I am in the process of building up a complete 3D CADD file for the coach. I am a retired architect and have been using ArchiCAD since version 4.5. The current version is 24. I am physically measuring my new coach and there are many changes to my GMC since its manufacture.

My coach has a red double bed, passenger side wet bath and an additional leg tank compartment just forward of the door on the passenger's side. To accommodate the added forward LPG tank compartment, the couch is on the passenger side.

At this point, I have a single drawing file with all of the scanned drawings, resized to the same scale. On the drawing, there is:

Reactions: charlie_jr

sailor man

Jan 12, 2021
Palmetto, FL
CADD Drawing Continued:

Drawing has:
Roof Plan
Front Elevation
Driver's Sode Elevation
Rear Elevation
Passenger Side Elevation
1/2 Coach Body section

The drawings are at 1/4" = 1'-0" scale with some added dimensions.

Please note that this drawing is in the preliminary phase. I will be adding additional information as my field measurements continue.

In addition to pdf files, I can provide files in various CADD files. If you are interested in these drawings, please tell me which file types you can read.

Reactions: charlie_jr

sailor man

Jan 12, 2021
Palmetto, FL
I have a very limited property and finding a spot to park a GMC Motorhome was a challenge. It was very difficult to finding any information on the turning radius. I finally found it on the factory Transmode Manual.

I have another plan incorporating the turning radius for a 26 ft GMC Motorhome.

As time goes on, I expect that I will have far more definitive information on the coach, Including some new planned improvements.

Matt Colie

Oct 25, 2019
South East Michigan near DTW
Sailor,
Between here and the old forum, there is a wealth of information and practical knowledge available. I suggest that you ask questions there before modifying anything serious. We see mistakes all the time. I know of one coach that was made re-sale proof. Unlike most of the RVs ever made, these coaches were fully designed and most were done with full size mock-ups because it was done by GM and that is how vehicles are done.