Any idea what this Electrical was for?

• Thank you for being part of this forum. We recently added our 400th registered member. The forum will soon be moved soon to a faster server that should increase performance.

Agoogol

Mar 3, 2020
Centennial CO
ReMoving ceiling paneling and there's this mysterious power cable capped off. Any idea what it's for? Looks like it's been there since the original and comes from the bathroom area but the fan and the outlet have power. I'll just bury it back beneath the new headliner if I don't have any use for it I guess?

Attachments

Last edited:

Agoogol

Mar 3, 2020
Centennial CO
Ahhh that makes sense! Perfect explanation. Thanks Mr. Burns! Not sure why I didn't think of that....

My wife was wondering why the heck you would have 120 volt receptacle in the ceiling. I told her it was probably for a hair dryer!

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
Ahhh that makes sense! Perfect explanation. Thanks Mr. Burns! Not sure why I didn't think of that....

My wife was wondering why the heck you would have 120 volt receptacle in the ceiling. I told her it was probably for a hair dryer!
That's exactly what it is for. Hair dryer and 120v wiring for Air conditioning.

1976GMC

Oct 14, 2019
Washington State

I got one of those ceiling receptacles too. We use it exactly as described above without knowing that it was it's purpose :)

tmsnyder

Oct 7, 2019
Buffalo NY
For the rear A/C, place it so that if you or the next owner, later on, want A/C there, when they take out the fan they will be able to reach it without having to take down the headliner! IE get it into the 14x14 cutout area.

The 120 Receptacle in the ceiling outside the bathroom is original, stock.

Agoogol

Mar 3, 2020
Centennial CO
For the rear A/C, place it so that if you or the next owner, later on, want A/C there, when they take out the fan they will be able to reach it without having to take down the headliner!

The 120 Receptacle in the ceiling outside the bathroom is original, stock.
If they know its there, they could reach it! I tucked it in the channel next to the fan, easy peasy.