Another transmode in CO!?

• Thank you for being part of this forum. We recently added our 400th registered member. The forum will soon be moved soon to a faster server that should increase performance.

Agoogol

Mar 3, 2020
Centennial CO

Pretty good deal from description. The build sheet is in the pics if Billy wants to grab and check the registry?

Here is the description, maybe someone else wants to grab the pics for posterity:

1976 GMC 23' Transmode (motorhome). Oldsmobile 455 engine with front wheel drive. This coach was never built with water or plumbing. It is completely an open floor plan for you to make it into whatever you would like it to be (175" from bulkhead behind the seats to the back of the RV). The Transmission has been rebuilt. New CV driveshafts, new AGM battery and new starter. Corbeau racing seats installed on swivel pedestals. fresh insulation through out. New exhaust fan with remote. 6 new Michelin tires ($1200+) on new Moto Metal rims (over $100 each). Xantrex 2.5kw inverter/charger and 8 AGM solar batteries. LED headlights. Epoxy sealed wood floor. Runs well. Clear Colorado title. What it needs: new passenger windshield (yes these and many other parts are available) repack and adjust rear boggies (Rear tandem suspension) and air suspension bags should be replaced too. It has an upgraded Harrison suspension with dual (Firestone) bags on each side. I drove it from Tulsa after I bought it so it can handle a road trip. Many extra parts are included. I've moved out of the area but it is at a friend's house in Boulder so it's available for inspection. check out the original factory promo video to see the potential.

Reactions: jjdebarros

pvfjr

Oct 4, 2019
Aumsville OR
That's pretty cool. Seems like it could be a good deal for someone, if they were inclined to head in the same direction as the previous owner. They've put some money into it and done a lot of work already.

bdub

Oct 8, 2019
Lake Brownwood, Texas
www.bdub.net
I have been in that GMC when it belonged to the late Steve Clevenger, a Tulsa Lunch Bunch member. We got together at the Dallas Computer Swap Meet in about 2002. Camped right there in downtown Dallas. I hasn't changed much but for the wheels and new roof vent.

I really like the look with those wheels, no bumpers, spare tire, and not a gob of stuff on the roof. Simply pretty shape.