Air filter/water separator for ElectroLevel system?

Christo

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 4, 2019
Weymouth, MA
I recently learned that it's a good idea to put an air filter/water separator between my Viair compressor and the check valve. My coach doesn't currently have one. Seeing as I've installed a new check valve and stainless tank, I'm thinking I should go ahead and take this final step. Any recommendations on the best one to use?

Agoogol

Mar 3, 2020
Centennial CO
OEM had some glass case thing, mine was broken when I got it. Didn't replace when I put my Viair in, as pics I see don't show anyone putting it in.

Colorado is very dry, but at some point good idea probably. Not a lot of room to get one in there, I am curious to see what you do. Pics when done!?

Reactions: Christo

JSanford

Oct 4, 2019
Sacramento, CA
My GMC has two PO mods that were popular back in the day (I have only had the GMC a year and these mods are decades old), the "cooling line" and the "Drier."

The freshly compressed air is hot so it needs to be cooled down, or so was the thinking among the GMC crowd back in the day, that is what the long copper line is looping from the compressor is for.

A 50 micron filter takes any moisture out of the compressed air, this eliminates the need to drain your pressure tank on a regular basis and prevents the system from getting clogged up. In addition to the one installed, I have a spare 50 micron filter, it is a Dwyer F1-150M.

IMG_5541.jpg

Reactions: Christo

Christo

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 4, 2019
Weymouth, MA
My GMC has two PO mods that were popular back in the day (I have only had the GMC a year and these mods are decades old), the "cooling line" and the "Drier."

The freshly compressed air is hot so it needs to be cooled down, or so was the thinking among the GMC crowd back in the day, that is what the long copper line is looping from the compressor is for.

A 50 micron filter takes any moisture out of the compressed air, this eliminates the need to drain your pressure tank on a regular basis and prevents the system from getting clogged up. In addition to the one installed, I have a spare 50 micron filter, it is a Dwyer F1-150M.

View attachment 3349
I'm not going to worry about the cooling line, but that drier/filter looks just like the regular one I have on my shop compressor.