A bit unusual build

billvv

Oct 2, 2019
Hal,
Here are some additional dimensions for the Quad Bag. Let me know if you need more...
Dimension 2 for Hal.jpg

pvfjr

Oct 3, 2019
Aumsville OR
Awesome Hal. You may want to tell your camera man/woman to shoot the video sideways so it fills the YouTube window. It would make for a larger video.
It'll probably make for a larger audience too. Admittedly, I tend to shy away from videos that don't fill my screen.

Reactions: Tiptonwa

Hal

Oct 3, 2019
Did a bit more, here's the link. Just to be clear, the parking brake caliper I plan to us is a Tesla 12 volt unit.
Thanks for watching, Hal

Reactions: bdub and 6cuda6

RF_Burns

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario Canada
Hal, On your Oct 5 update, you show the front end steering gear. I'm interested in your tie-rod ends and the adjusting coupler between them, the audio at that point is very low and hard to understand.
I have an early version one-ton upgrade. I'm not happy with the fitment of the GMC motorhome outer tie-rod end into the one-ton knuckle. I'd like to use a proper one-one outer tie rod end at the knuckle. I believe you say on the video you used a Ford inner tie-rod end.

Can you elaborate on what you used for inner and outer tie rod ends and the adjusting coupler.

Thanks

Hal

Oct 3, 2019
Bruce, I used the 1997 stock Chevy outside tie rod end and an early Ford pickup for the inside end. They are an 11/16" thread which isn't too common. The sleeves were a custom built set, only $19 each and they use lock/jam nuts rather than the split sleave type you normally see.
Speedway Part # 91002919 , are the ones I used inside.
I first thought the Chevy pieces were metric but they aren't. They did reverse the threads though, where our GMC's are left thread outside, the 1997's are right hand thread outside.
DCA Racefab supplied the sleeves;
Hope this helps,
Hal