1975 GMC Palm Beach Restomod

• Thank you for being part of this forum. We recently added our 400th registered member. The forum will soon be moved soon to a faster server that should increase performance.

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
So if I drop mine off you'll do the the engine right? :whistle:
Justin im sure Mike would be more than happy build your engine .... just drop it by along with your credit card for parts and a 5" stack of 100$ bills for labor ....lol ;)

See that Mike ..... and you thought only the wife could fill in your extra space in your calendar....lol.

Justin Brady

Oct 4, 2019
Bell Buckle TN
www.thegmcrv.com
Justin im sure Mike would be more than happy build your engine .... just drop it by along with your credit card for parts and a 5" stack of 100$ bills for labor ....lol ;)

See that Mike ..... and you thought only the wife could fill in your extra space in your calendar....lol.

I bet you'd be surprised lol. I've had several people try to pay me to build them a GMC, not happening, no matter how tall the stack of 100's lol too much time and work into something that isn't going to be mine.

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
I bet you'd be surprised lol. I've had several people try to pay me to build them a GMC, not happening, no matter how tall the stack of 100's lol too much time and work into something that isn't going to be mine.
Yep. Another build may equal divorce and that would be even more expensive than a custom GMC.

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
Yah an if i'm not mistaken you can do hydraulic lines with that same tool [within reasonable hydraulic pressure that is] can you not?
you probably could get away with it, but the die is definitely different. I have new power steering hoses from Bob Stone, so I don’t think I’ll have to make any lines.

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
Wasn't planning on starting this so early, but here is the future house battery. Ford C-Max Energy PHEV x2. Not going to do much breaking down until I get my lineman's gloves in the mail. 308v will leave a mark. IMG_0332.jpeg

Reactions: dservati and pvfjr

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Awe come on....308v thats peanuts wait till you start playing with 680....lol. Seriously though Mike make sure the gloves arent expired when you get them as its a common issue.

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
Awe come on....308v thats peanuts wait till you start playing with 680....lol. Seriously though Mike make sure the gloves arent expired when you get them as its a common issue.
Thanks for the heads up.

Mike Perez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 2, 2019
The plan for the house battery (I think) is going to be 12p14s. So basically I will have 12 3.7 nominal batteries in parallel giving me 288 amp hours at 3.7 volts. Then, there will be 14 of those groups in series so I will end up with 288 amp hours at 51.8 volts nominal or a total of 14,918 kWh. At max charge of 4.1 volts, I'll have 16,531 kWh available. AT 20% depth of discharge, I'll have about 13.2 kWh available. That will let me run two AC units through the night if I want at 50% compressor cycle or one at 100% with room to spare.

The downside is that charging is going to take awhile. Most of the chargers will put less than 3000 watts back in per hour, so we are talking over 5 hours running the generator or plugged in to recharge. That is an extreme case. I'm guessing 90% of the time, we'll only have one running overnight and at 50% compressor run time, it will only use about 5400 watts, so I'll be able to recharge in about 2 hours.

Last edited:

6cuda6

Oct 3, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Have you figured out your discharge and recharge current rates? The only reason i ask, based on how long your proposing recharging and the voltages your planning. Do you have a thermal management plan? (Im not talking fire.....controling battery temps is what i mean)